Smart Innovation for People-Centred Futures
The 2nd Stellenbosch Innovation Conference builds on the momentum of 2013’s Innovation and Smart City Conferences. In 2013, the concept of transforming Stellenbosch town into an Innovation District was introduced to the Western Cape community, and included the vision of a smart Stellenbosch, with the aim of connecting local innovation to global solutions.
In 2014, as part of the World Design Capital initiative #WDC297, the Stellenbosch Innovation District (SID) presents a platform to build momentum for innovation by bringing vision to social action. SID represents an opportunity to build a long-term vision for action in partnership with academia, government and business (both locally and internationally). Pioneering a hub for the knowledge economy, SID aims to capitalise on the opportunities of a rapidly changing world by turning urban, social, economic and environmental challenges into opportunities through smart innovation.
Africa is on the rise, and requires places like the Stellenbosch Innovation District to provide innovation leadership. To solve challenges locally, for export to rest of South Africa and Africa. The aim is to promote, develop and implement innovation in a way that is both sustainable and smart, but above all – people-centred! The African smart revolution starts here with your participation.
Highlights of the workshop includes:
- The opportunity to connect with Finish, Norwegian, Danish and Swedish trade delegations and business.
- Engage with top business leaders in Stellenbosch and Western Cape during the business networking function.
- Attend a seminar series on how to improve your business performance through innovation.
- A discussion by Stellenbosch Business School and Futures Institute about the future of business.
- Top International Speakers on innovation, business and trade.
- Head of UNEP Southern Africa providing an African perspective on development and opportunities.
- Three focused workshops on smart cities, clustering, business and trade as well as knowledge exchange.
To download this year’s program, click here.