The official vision of the Technopark SRA is “to enable and create a sustainable, vibrant and active innovative community [by 2015]".
This vision was achieved through a series of workshops with a wide variety of stakeholders. The vision is complex and touches on several elements, including:
- Social elements, such as leadership and management and social innovation;
- Technical elements, such as design and technological innovation;
- Ecological elements, such as resource flows, education; and
- Economic elements, such as regional economic benefits.
Since 2015, the Technopark SRA has sought to transform Techno Park into a Sustainable Innovation Hub. The aim is to house a vibrant sustainable innovation community and cultural hub, which provides knowledge and expertise for sustainable futures locally, nationally and globally.
Transformation is the key ingredient in achieving this official mandate, built on three levels:
1) The greening and sustainable development of Techno Park.
2) The Mandate of Techno Park as a Sustainable Innovation Hub (Supported by a constitution and accommodated by rezoning adjustments).
3) The Techno Park collaboration defined through a transparent and mutually beneficial mode of agreement established with the University of Stellenbosch, Cape Higher Education Consortium and the local and provincial Government of the Western Cape (The Collaborative Framework).